Career / Social Media Director
Are you are so good at social media you deserve your own hashtag? Do you identify social trends before they start trending? Can you navigate through the complex social marketing landscape of social strategy, social planning, and social analytics with the grace of a social butterfly, all while dropping knowledge like a social superstar? If all of this describes YOU, then you are the 2x4 Social Media Director we’re looking for. As our SMD, you would be responsible for leading a social media team in creating and maintaining unique social media strategies and campaigns. Your duties will include staying up to date on social media trends, monitoring all social media profiles to determine engagement, and developing social media campaign ideas—with your primary responsibility being brand development through social media. As a leader in our Social Media department, you will identify target customers, set clear objectives, build effective content strategies to engage audiences, increase traffic and boost conversions. And you will work closely with the account management team in building strong relationships with our clients and continue to improve internal processes as the social media landscape rapidly changes. #SoWhenDoYouStart?
- Translate business and marketing objectives into impactful social media activations for our clients.
- Plan, design, implement, and monitor social media marketing campaigns.
- Are the key strategy and tactical liaison between Social and our Account, Creative and Production teams.
- You will provide compelling thought-starters, helping the teams take a consumer-minded and culturally relevant approach to developing social content for our clients.
- Create, curate, and manage social media content, including text, audio, visual, and multimedia formats.
- Monitor social media trends, including developments in design, applications, strategy, and innovation to stay relevant and effective.
- Create comprehensive marketing plans to boost brand image, increase customer engagement, and improve conversions.
- Design, implement, and manage social ad campaigns integrated into our client’s strategic marketing plans.
- Hire and supervise talented creatives, including freelancers and coordinate their activities to achieve social media campaign objectives.
- Track social media campaigns’ key performance metrics to maximize results and report progress.
- Oversee content development, distribution, and community management across all major social media platforms.
- Coach and develop a team of high performers and oversee the translation and execution of the strategy into tactical plans.
- Evaluates, onboards and optimizes social and influencer tools/platforms, always looking for opportunities to scale and share across brands.
- Establish a clear reporting and insights framework to share performance and recommend evolutions based on lessons learned from previous activations.
- Build and maintain strong working relationships with key social partners (Facebook/Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter, etc.) to ensure that new technology and ad formats are being utilized.
- Lead channel-specific initiatives as well as work on integrated campaigns with the Account, Creative, PR, and Media leads.
- 5+ years of experience with social media and content management.
- Proven success in managing social media campaigns for clients.
- Expert knowledge of the social media industry and trends across all major networks: Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, YouTube, LinkedIn, TikTok, etc.
- Ability to multi-task while demonstrating a high-level of attention to detail and organization.
- Demonstrated ability to lead teams.
- Ability to work across departments, communicating creative messaging needs, as well as coordinating production of creative assets to ensure on-time social campaign launches.
- Experience creating robust programs based on insights, the latest technology and trends, and has deep knowledge and curiosity for the ever-evolving social landscape.
- Has worked extensively with social monitoring, posting, listening and community tools (i.e., Sprout, Brandwatch, Hootsuite, Sprinklr, etc.).
- Deep subject matter expertise and cross-functional partnership experience helping to craft, shape and execute social strategies. This individual understands what drives consumer needs and behaviors through social media and can formulate thoughtful, creative strategies which unlock a brands’ potential.
- Has led the creation of annual social media and influencer strategies and playbooks.
- Has a deep knowledge of how paid, owned and earned media work together to create cohesive interactions and provide integrated social plans.
- Has developed social media plans and content strategies with an emphasis on setting strategic goals, defining audiences, and identifying key tactical frameworks.
- As the 2x4 Social Media Director, you will be accountable for monitoring the progress of your team—leading and encouraging them to reach well defined goals while adhering to Two by Four policies and procedures.
- You will be partially accountable for the growth of the Social Media Department and for maintain strong, positive relationships with our clients.
- The 2x4 Social Media Director reports directly to the Director of Media, Social and Public Relations.