Career / Senior Media Associate
You’re looking for a collaborative team environment where everyone's voice is heard, highly valued and rewarded. You’ve started to build a career in media and want to be considered a true “jack of all trades” – you are ready to hit the ground running. You’ll become immediately involved in developing and executing both traditional and digital media opportunities on both a local and national level. Our Senior Media Associate will assist in developing media strategies and tactics, research media opportunities and present recommendations to internal and external clients. Additionally, he or she will manage administration of plans, including managing budgets, billing, plan optimization, media analytics and reporting with regard to those plans. Reports to: Media Supervisor / Associate Media Director
- Manage all upfront research planning: Simmons, Kantar, comScore, SRDS, competitive
- Accurately enter media buys, revisions and cancelations into media billing software
- Lead the creation of media orders (IOs) and update billing flowcharts across clients to ensure timely and accurate payment; audit and resolve any billing discrepancies
- Determine “considered partner” sets for RFP across TV, radio, print, OOH and digital (programmatic, video, mobile) partners, conducting vendor reach-out for RFP and negotiating final rates for clients.
- Lead creation of specs documents & timelines and coordinate with internal (account/production/creative) and external teams to ensure deadlines are met
- Lead the pre- and post-launch QA process for digital media: traffic campaigns and ensure that all spotlight tags are firing so that campaigns launch on time and all data is accurate
- Lead daily pacing, vendor monitoring and optimization of campaign performance within platforms (Google Campaign Manager, Facebook/Instagram, Google Analytics, etc.)
- Develop client-facing reports with key takeaways to inform future initiatives
- Bachelor’s degree and minimum of 3+ years experience as a media planner and buyer, preferably in an advertising agency setting.
- Experience planning both Traditional (Print, OOH, Radio, TV) and Digital (Display, Video, Paid Social) Media preferred. Experience planning/managing campaigns in digital required.
- Experience working with a broad range of media research tools and media buying software such as Strata, Simmons, SRDS, Google Analytics, Facebook/Instagram, Pinterest, Google AdWords, etc.
- Strong familiarity with trafficking in ad serving platforms (Google Campaign Manager, etc.)
- Proficiency with MS Office including Word, Excel and PowerPoint is a must.
- Team player, have strong communication and organization skills and be comfortable working in a collaborative and entrepreneurial environment.
- Strong analytical skills (both Quantitative and Qualitative).
- This person will be accountable for maintaining positive, mutually beneficial relationships with clients, leading clients strategically and fostering growth.