Career / Art Director
You have been accused of critiquing the font used on ads inside a city bus. Nothing irritates you more than lazy design, except maybe poorly written creative briefs. You LOVE conceptual thinking and then presenting those ideas in an artful, simple way—one that is creatively unique, communicates clearly, and wins AWARDS. And Chicago is your home or the place you want to call home soon. OH BOY do we have a job for you! (And being a boy is certainly not required.) Our Chicago office is in the market for an up and coming Art Director, someone who’ll relish the chance to work on an eclectic roster of clients (often all at the same time). Our ideal candidate thinks conceptually, art directs with a strong sense of design, doesn’t discriminate between a social media post and a tv spot, can work well with an equally talented writer partner, and is ridiculously fun to be around. If that describes you, then you already believe concepts are KING and are best presented as killer comps, you play (relatively) nice with account people, and you are not friggin’ jerk. Did you just think, “THIS is the job I want.” If so, then COME AND GET IT.
- With direction from a CD, develop creative concepts and art direction executions.
- Create great work—either with a Copywriter partner or individually— which meet or exceeds the high standards of the agency, as determined by the Creative Director or Chief Creative Officer.
- Depending on experience level, you may present work directly to clients.
- Monitor / manage allotted project hours to ensures profitability.
- Have an active role in new business
- To be a BIG part of a crazy, fun, creative culture.
- And continue to critique font use on Chicago city buses.
- At least 3 to 10 years experience in Art Direction.
- Experience in creating high quality creative Art Direction.
- The ability to work with or without supervision.
- Highly skilled at Adobe software including Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign—other programs are a plus.
- Has knowledge or general understanding of the creative production process, including but not limited to: tv production, print production, and the web development process.
- Is accountable for producing KILLER work which should make you—and our clients—FAMOUS.
- Reports directly to our Creative Directors and indirectly to the Chief Creative Officer.