Career / Senior Copywriter
When it comes to generating big ideas, are you a big deal? Do light bulbs endlessly go off over your head? Well, if you have the write stuff, then perhaps you’re the exact Great Idea Generator: Sr. Copywriter Two by Four needs. We’re looking for a sensational writer – someone who not only gets it but does it. An inventive, surprising, passionate thinker who can take a strategy and conceptually make it sing. A self-motivated, self-aware self-starter, with an understanding of mediums from television to web, print to guerilla – and anything and everything in between. Oh, and did we mention that the pace is bullet train-fast? We call it drinking from a firehose…so buckle up. But, if you think you’ve got what it takes, give us a shout. Operators are standing by. Reports to: Direct Report: Creative Directors (up to and including CCO)
- Develop fantastic creative concepts, seen through to execution
- Come at things from refreshingly unique angles; don’t just show us the expected stuff: surprise us, excite us, wow us, and make us happy we hired you
- Do create work that makes our clients, the agency and your parents proud
- Don't be a prima donna; if you are, trust us – you won’t last very long here
- Raise your hand when you’re not busy. Volunteer. Engage. Immerse yourself. Help out wherever you can. Make yourself indispensable. We’ll notice, you’ll benefit.
- Depending on experience level, present work to clients; in any event, you’ll be working towards that goal – we don’t want to go to every client meeting
- Keep track of your hours and do your time sheets on time; yes, this matters
- Oh, and other thing: we start at 8:30; yes, this matters, too – set your alarm accordingly
- Roll up your sleeves, put on your thinking cap and dive headfirst into new business – we’ve won a ton of new biz this year alone. Want an opportunity to grow? This is it.
- Stand out, but fit in. This is one helluva fun place to work, with a really cool agency culture. Be a part of it.
- Enough experience to let us know that you know what you’re doing.
- Being a grown-up. We don’t want to have to watch over you all the time, and you don’t want that either. If you can’t work without supervision, this won’t work.
- A general understanding of how things work in advertising, including radio production and tv production, print production, web development, etc.
- Every year, you’ll get together with your CD and figure out some reasonable (and some not-so-reasonable) goals. This is to make you (and the agency) better. We’ll measure it on a formal Review Sheet along four categories: Creativity, Leadership, Relationships, and Financial Responsibility. These – and other intangibles – are what we’ll use to gauge your performance. The reviews happen four times per year (once each quarter), with the final review in October.