Career / Art Director
If you’re the type who jumps on grenades rather than runs from them, if you like drinking from a fire hose, if you look at the world and see typefaces, then maybe you’re just what Two by Four needs. We’re in the market for a Hotshot Art Director, someone who’ll relish the chance to work on an eclectic roster of clients (often all at the same time). Our ideal candidate thinks conceptually, won’t operate the office Sonos system until given permission, doesn’t discriminate between an e-blast and tv spot, and enjoys a good office happy hour. Plus, they believe that concepts are king (but are best presented as killer comps), plays nice with account people, and isn’t a friggin’ jerk. Did you just think, “OMG, that’s me!” If so, don’t use “OMG” around us. But do give us a call.
- With direction from a CD, develop creative concepts & art direction executions
- Create work, either with a Copywriter partner or individually, that meet or exceed the standards of the agency, as determined by the Creative Director or Executive Creative Director
- Depending on experience level, may present work directly to clients
- Monitor allotted project hours and ensures profitability
- Develop an active role in new business
- Contribute to agency culture in a way that is related to creativity and as defined by the Creative Director or Sr. Leadership of the agency
- 4 to 6 years experience in Art Direction
- Experience in creating high quality creative Art Direction
- The ability to work with or without supervision
- Highly skilled at Adobe Software including Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign
- Depending on experience level, has knowledge or general understanding of the creative production process, including but not limited to: tv production, print production, and the web development process
- Each year, the Art Director and his/her Creative Director supervisor will develop and agree upon a series of tangible goals to be completed throughout the year. This, along with a formal review, will measure the success of the Art Director’s performance. “Goal check” reviews happen four times per year (each quarter) with your direct report. One final, formal review happens, typically in the 4th quarter.