Are you an experienced, hungry, kick-ass Art Director? And do you not only love creating great work, but have a passion for presenting to clients, helping lead accounts, and giving direction to young creative folks? Well, you might be the Art Director Two by Four needs. We’re looking for a passionate, positive, professional art director who will not only work on projects day-to-day with a Copywriting partner, but will be responsible for guiding one or more teams. Under the guidance of a Creative Director, you’ll be charged with creating and overseeing the quality and timeliness of the work you produce for clients. And, you’ll have to present, stay on budget, stay on strategy, give direction to youngsters, and create great work – piece of cake, right?
Direct Report: Creative Director
The Art Director’s role at the agency is to create great creative work, while also maintaining a role in leading accounts in a way that uphold the standards of the agency.
- With direction from a CD or ECD, develop creative concepts & art direction executions
- Create work, either with a copywriter partner or individually, that meets or exceeds the standards of the agency, as determined by the Creative Director or Executive Creative Director
- Present work directly to clients
- Under the guidance of a CD or ECD, may be given responsibility for creative output for a set number of clients
- Monitor allotted project hours and ensure profitability
- Responsible for maintaining a predetermined creative strategy on client work
- Lead young creatives on projects by reviewing work, giving feedback and mentoring
- Have an active role in new business
- Contribute to agency culture in a way that is related to creativity and as defined by the Creative Director or Sr. Leadership of the agency
Qualifications / Skills Required for this Position:
- At least 3+ years experience in art direction
- Experience in creating high quality creative art direction
- The ability to work with or without supervision
- Able to present work and articulate vision to clients
- The ability to develop younger talent and lead them to do great work Highly skilled at Adobe Software including Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign
- Firm understanding of the creative production process, including but not limited to: tv production, print production, and the web development process
Performance and Accountability Measures:
- Each year, the Art Director and his/her Creative Director or Executive Creative Director supervisor will develop and agree upon a series of tangible goals to be completed throughout the year. This, along with a formal review will measure the success of the Art Director’s performance.