Is your brain a petri dish for great ideas? Do they bounce around in your head like pinballs on crack? If so, perhaps you’d like to see them come to fruition as a Great Idea Generator: Copywriter at Two by Four. We’re in the market for a kick-ass writer – someone who not only gets it, but does it. An inventive, surprising, passionate thinker, someone who can take a strategy and conceptually turn it on its ear. A self-motivated, self-aware self-starter, with an understanding of mediums from television to web, print to guerilla – and everything in between. Oh, and did we mention you’ll be doing this at breakneck speed? Buckle your seatbelt. If you think you’ve got what it takes, give us a shout. You may be the right writer for the job.
Reports to: Creative Directors
- Develop fantastic creative concepts, seen through to execution
- Come at things from refreshingly unique angles; don’t just show us the expected stuff: surprise us, excite us, wow us, and make us happy we hired you
- Do create work that makes our clients, the agency and your parents proud
- Don’t be a prima donna; if you are, trust us – you won’t last very long here
- Raise your hand when you’re not busy. Volunteer. Engage. Immerse yourself. Help out wherever you can. Make yourself indispensable. We’ll notice, you’ll benefit.
- Depending on experience level, present work to clients; in any event, you’ll be working towards that goal – we don’t want to go to every client meeting
- Keep track of your hours and do your time sheets on time; yes, this matters
- Oh, and other thing: we start at 8:30; yes, this matters, too – set your alarm accordingly
- Roll up your sleeves, put on your thinking cap and dive headfirst into new business – we’ve won a ton of new biz this year alone. Want an opportunity to grow? This is it.
- Stand out, but fit in. This is one helluva fun place to work, with a really cool agency culture. Be a part of it.
Qualifications / Skills Required for this Position:
- Enough experience to let us know that you know what you’re doing.
- A really nice body…of work.
- Being a grown-up. We don’t want to have to watch over you all the time, and you don’t want that either. If you can’t work without supervision, this won’t work.
- A general understanding of how things work in advertising, including radio production and tv production, print production, web development, etc.
Performance and Accountability Measures:
- Every year, you’ll get together with your CD and figure out some reasonable (and some not-so-reasonable) goals. This is to make you (and the agency) better. We’ll measure it on a formal Review Sheet along four categories: Creativity, Leadership, Relationships, and Financial Responsibility. These – and other intangibles – are what we’ll use to gauge your performance. The reviews happen four times per year (once each quarter), with the final review in October.