Do you possess a mania for media? Are you a proponent of plans? Do you strategize more than the noble families in Game of Thrones? Then perhaps you'd like to wield some of that expertise at Two by Four. We're in the market for a Senior Media Associate, an 'Ace of all trades' who's ready to hit the ground running. You'll become intimately involved in developing and executing both traditional and digital media opportunities for local and national campaigns.
Direct Report: Associate Media Director / Media Director
Our Senior Media Associate will assist in developing media strategies and tactics, research media opportunities and present recommendations to internal and external clients. Additionally, he or she will manage administration of plans, including managing budgets, billing, plan optimization, media analytics and reporting with regard to those plans.
- Manage all upfront research planning: Simmons, Kantar, comScore, SRDS, competitive
- Accurately enter media buys, revisions and cancelations into media billing software
- Lead the creation of media orders (IOs) and update billing flowcharts across clients to ensure timely and accurate payment; audit and resolve any billing discrepancies
- Determine “considered partner" sets for each client campaign and conduct vendor reach-out for RFP; negotiate final plans for clients.
- Lead creation of specs documents & timelines and coordinate with internal (account/production/creative) and external teams to ensure deadlines are met
- Lead the pre- and post-launch QA process for digital media: Traffic campaigns and ensure that all spotlight tags are firing so that campaigns launch on time and all data is accurate
- Lead daily pacing, vendor monitoring and optimization of campaign performance within platforms (Flashtalking, Facebook/Instagram, Google Analytics, etc.)
- Develop client-facing reports with key takeaways to inform future initiatives
Qualifications/Skills Required for this Position:
- Bachelor's degree and minimum of 3+ years experience as a media planner and buyer, preferably in an advertising agency setting.
- Experience planning both Traditional (Print, OOH, Radio, TV) and Digital (Display, Video, Paid Social) experience required
- Experience working with a broad range of media research tools and media buying software such as Strata, Simmons, SRDS, Google Analytics, Facebook/Instagram, Pinterest, Google AdWords, etc.
- Strong familiarity with trafficking in ad serving platforms (Flashtalking, DoubleClick, Sizmek)
- Proficiency with MS Office including Word, Excel and PowerPoint is a must.
- Team player, have strong communication and organization skills and be comfortable working in a collaborative and entrepreneurial environment
- Strong analytical skills (both Quantitative and Qualitative)
Performance and Accountability Measures:
This person will be accountable for the successful development and execution of strategic, business-building media plans.