By your estimate, are you incredible at estimating? Would you give yourself top billing when it comes to billing? Then perhaps you’re just the Estimating/Billing Coordinator Two by Four will hold in high esteem. We’re looking for someone who is #1 when it comes to numbers, prepares estimates accurately and flawlessly, and can monitor and process jobs from start to finish. Our ideal coordinator will be proficient (at reviewing, reconciling, re-estimating, etc.) personable (while working with Account, Creative, Production and Finance teams) and precise (estimated vs. actual costs, critical variances, percent-completion, and more). If you’ve got that kind of experience, expertise and attention to detail then, hey – you’ve certainly got our attention.
Responsible for estimate and billing preparation. Assist the Account team with project tracking and reconciliation. Support the Finance department as needed.
- Work closely with Account, Creative, Production and Finance teams to prepare thorough and accurate estimates on all jobs and secure all internal approvals.
- Along with the Account team, monitor work-in-progress during various stages of jobs both financially and percent-completion-wise and inform appropriate people of critical variances from plan.
- Participate in monthly meetings with Account teams to review estimated vs. actual costs and determine billing.
- Assist in educating appropriate staff on all the steps necessary to estimate and process a job.
- Attend traffic meetings to compare job cost status with percentage complete; evaluate need for re-estimating/change orders.
- Make recommendations to improve efficiency/productivity within the estimating area across all clients/accounts.
- Monitor freelance requests and reconcile to vendor invoices when received.
- Attend job-closing meetings to help evaluate profitability of jobs and close jobs.
Qualifications / Skills Required for this Position:
- A college degree, with an emphasis in Accounting preferred.
- Ideally, candidate will have experience with job costing, estimating and/or client billing in an advertising agency.
- In the absence of a degree, 2-3 years of professional experience required.
- Intermediate to advanced spreadsheet skills. Experience with a computerized traffic/accounting system preferred.
- Strong organizational and multi-tasking skills.
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to manage estimating/billing meetings with timeliness, decisiveness, and attention to details while prioritizing competing demands.
- Demonstrated ability to negotiate timelines and manage deadlines.
- Strong ability with numbers, conceptually and in details, with a solid grasp of accounting concepts.
- Ability to work closely and effectively with Account, Creative, Production and Finance teams.
- Training to be supplied on company’s automated accounting system and work flow process.
Performance and Accountability Measures:
- Ultimately this person is accountable for accurate and timely estimate and billing preparation
- This person is accountable for being an effective and efficient Estimator—supporting the Account, Creative, Production and Finance teams in any estimating and job reconciling needs
- This person is accountable for being a delight to work with